T-Net is an authentication system that is used to login Talawanda students and staff to a multitude of different systems, all using a single account. This simplifies end-user account management as well as reduces administrative workload through using a common authentication system. Starting in the 2014-2015 school year, T-Net is being incorporated into the following applications.
Applications that Use T-Net
- Mac OS desktop authentication
- Windows desktop authentication
- Google Apps, including Chromebooks - T-Net password synchronization to Google Apps is only one-way. If a user changes their T-Net password on a desktop computer, it will sync to Google Apps. However, password changes made in Google Apps will not sync back to other T-Net systems.
- 'Talawanda' wireless network authentication for BYOD devices
- FileMaker Pro Databases
- Talawanda.org website
- iBoss Web Filter
- Overdrive Media
- IEP Anywhere - coming later in 2014-2015
Applications that Don't Use T-Net
- ProgressBook Suite
- Renaissance Place